The Nebraska Academy of Sciences was first organized in Omaha in 1880, with 75 charter members.
Click on the links below for information about us.
FRIEND OF SCIENCE AWARD RECIPIENTS
Private Foundation Grants - Applications due May 1 and November 1, see Grants Page
NEBRASKA ACADEMY OF SCIENCE OBJECTIVES
- · To further the work of scientists and to facilitate cooperation
- · To improve the effectiveness of science in the promotion of human welfare and environmental quality
- · To provide the opportunity for scientific research related to the problems of the ever-changing environment of the Great Plains
- · To increase public understanding and appreciation of the importance and promise of science in human progress
- · To stimulate science education, and to encourage young people to become involved in science
- · To foster the interaction of business, industry, government, education, and the academic scientific community
- · To disseminate scientific knowledge, and to recognize high achievements in attaining the Academy’s objectives