Professional Development Opportunities
If you know of any PD opportunities available to Nebraska Science Teachers, please let us know. Email us at: email@example.com
Multiple Subjects (K-12)
- NATS Professional Learning Network - Monthly webinars for all teachers.
- NATS Fall Conference - Our annual 3-day conference. Thurs-Saturday.
- Nebraska Math and Science Summer Institute (UNL) - Opportunities for K-12 educators in subjects such as Arachnids, Geoscience, Inquiry Methods, Robotics, and Integrated Science and Math for Elementary.
- American Modeling Instruction - Modeling Instruction puts the student at the center by helping them to construct and apply of conceptual models as a way of learning and doing science. Most PD occurs in summer workshops of 2-3 weeks duration that thoroughly treat the pedagogy and content for a middle school, high school, or introductory college STEM course.
- Nebraska Master Naturalist - June 25-July 1, 2017 This one-week course provides an in-depth, hands-on learning opportunities lead by experts in Nebraskas Natural Resources. Participants will learn about Nebraska ecosystems such as, woodlands, grasslands, water resources and disciplines of herpetology, mammalogy, ichthyology, entomology, ornithology, conservation biology, geology, outdoor skills and more
- Institute on Argument Writing - June 12-30, 2017 - Seeking experienced NeWP teachers to 1) enroll and participate in the summer Advanced Institute on Argument Writing, 2) field test NWP’s CRWP projects during the 2017-18 year, and potentially 3) help NeWP with professional development around CRWP in a selected rural school in 2018-19.
- Missouri River Relief - Several programs ranging from 1/2 day to 4 days which teach about Biotic and Abiotic factors affecting the river and its ecological communities.
- CDC Science Ambassador Fellowship - This opportunity is for teachers and educational leaders interested in bringing public health sciences into current middle- and high school classrooms. This competitive fellowship includes a 5-day summer course at CDC headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and a 1-year distance-based professional development opportunity.
- Young Nebraska Scientists - 2 opportunities:
- Week long Professional Development opportunity focusing on developing Physics Teacher Leaders with Dr. Brad Shadwick of UNL's Department of Physics and Astronomy.
- One-Day hands-on professional development opportunity exploring fundamental physics concepts.
- Nebraska EPSCoR Physics Teacher Institute - June 19-24, 2017. 4 day opportunity exploring new ways to teach physics in the classroom setting. Looking for master physics teachers who will be trained as teacher leaders to train other physics teachers across the state on June 24th. $750 stipend for participants and housing. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nebraska EPSCoR Physics Teacher Workshop - 1 day, hands-on opportunity exploring fundamental physics concepts. You will be trained on EPSCoR mobile labs that can be checked out for classroom use at not cost to teachers.
- 2017 REcharge Academy - July 17-21, 2017. A week-long educator training workshop centered around renewable energy. The intensive training blends lectures from experts and tours of energy facilities with replicable hands-on K-12 lessons to give educators content, as well as context. This year, the workshop will also include training on programming, small grid projects, solar artistic projects and more.